TWITTER EXPERT 3

In my research for my next genius hour presentation, I used twitter as one of my sources of info. Thus, I recruited researcher who had in their bio that they went to a university and took classes in psychology. I based this partly also on the different tags they had in their bio. I also took people in which indicated active twitter use as well as others who had a “Dr.” prefix. This list of researchers was composed of 10 experts

The new genius hour project I engaged in involves managing emotions by acting on the human psyche. All of these people who I have tried to receive information from, all have a relation with psychology. As we know, psychology deals with the human psyche; so I used people who had ties with psychology. The information I asked them for was usually directed to: the effects of strong emotions on the body and mind. and on how well we generally dealt with them. However, there was also questions ranging in the department of; which physical or mental aspects can effect how we deal with strong emotions.

How I went about getting that information was asking each one of the these 10 experts a different question that would provide me with different pieces of information. I would start of by giving myself a short introduction and then proceed to ask their opinion on a question of interest. This data will partially help me in my presentation. That is because, part of the material I was given to work with somewhat went against my research question. However, I think it would prove to be an interesting counter point to use in my presentation.

The results I received from these multiple questions were much under the average. One out of the 10 people I’ve contacted were able to give a serious and well thought out response to my question. Moreover, 1 out these 10 researchers followed me back as well as another active expert. The expert Dr. Andrew Bateman (AKA @ozcboss) was the only one who provided a response followed with additional help. He also included another expert named Linda Anne Atterton (AKA @braincurve) who gave a more in depth analysis to my question. The three of us had a small front and back conversations discussing new ideas.

In the future, this could be useful in research papers. I would be able to get reliable information from professors and experts of the domain I would research in. It can also help all the while build a relationship of constant exchange in info.